Earlier this year color experts, Pantone, announced that “radiant orchid” was the color of 2014. Since then, we’ve seen it pop up everywhere from New York Fashion Week to design blogs. And it’s no surprise that we’re starting to see the vibrant color make an appearance in everyone’s Spring wedding plans (and Pin boards)!
Orchids (the flowers) have always been a go-to for wedding decor so it’s a small stretch of the imagination to picture a beautiful Spring wedding decked out in orchid orchids and various other romantic shades of the purple. Orchid embodies what Spring brides are always searching for: blossoming radiance. Set on a background of an ivory and gold church or outside amongst green trees and grass, the color pops and gives life to your venue and your ceremony.
How can your wedding radiate with Orchid?
Just about every way imaginable.
- Accent your perfect Spring bouquets of orchids with purple eyeshadows and manicures for you and your bridal party.
- Consider a wedding dress with a purple sash or bow. Matching heels that accent the feature will really make your look pop!
- Your bridesmaids will love you for picking a dress color that works with various skin tones and hair colors.
- Your center pieces of cascading orchids and softly lit candles will definitely add a romantic touch to your reception.
- There are tons of delicious ways to incorporate radiant orchid into your wedding cake design. Flower appliques, purple icings, or adding purple berries perfectly combine the color of the year and the freshness of a Spring wedding.
- Purple desserts, aisle decor, invitations and programs, lighting and even drinks are all an easy way to add more of the decadent color to your wedding.
- And finally, whether it’s the morning of your wedding, your bachelorette party, or just gifts for your ever helpful bridesmaids, customize some of our many bridal party shirts that we offer in the purples you love.
Remember the staples of any Spring wedding is love and knowing it’s the blossoming of something wonderful!