TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling
* 2 packages (6 count each) individual graham cracker tart shells
* 2 egg whites, beaten
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 3 cups milk
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, cubed
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 12 medium strawberries, sliced
* 12 blueberries
* 6 tablespoons strawberry jelly, melted
Brush insides of tart shells with egg whites. Place on two baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and flour; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot milk mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and lemon juice. Refrigerate until chilled.
Just before serving, spoon custard into shells; top with strawberries and blueberries. Spoon jelly over fruit. Yield: 12 servings.