If you are looking for a fun unique wedding favor, why not give them caramel apples. Caramel Apples are fun and festive for a fall themed wedding. You can dip them in peanuts or just leave them plain. Serve these apples as part of a desert buffet or candy ball and place them on top of silk leaves as pictured above. Another option is to place the apples on a sheet of wax paper, gather at the top and tie with ribbon and a few leaves. Easy, simple, fun, and oh so cute!
Recipe From: Martha Stewart.Com
- 12 lady apples, washed and stemmed
- 2 cups hazelnuts, toasted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Insert a 5-inch dowel or ice pop stick into the top of each apple. Place hazelnuts in a small bowl.
- Place sugar, corn syrup, cream, and butter in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue cooking until the temperature registers 245 degrees.on a candy thermometer, 10 to 12 minutes. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Remove saucepan from heat, and briefly plunge it into ice water to stop the cooking. Dip one apple into the caramel, coat the top and sides using a spoon, and roll the bottom in the nuts. Transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining apples.