Below we have listed the top 10 most helpful wedding planning tips to get you started on your wedding preparations! For all other pre-wedding needs check out Bridal Party Tees! We have tees for bachelorette parties, bridal parties, honeymoons, accessories, gifts and favors and more!
1. Get a Grip on the Guest List: One of the first and most helpful things you and your fiance can do to start planning is to get a grip on the approximate number of guests you’re inviting. The number of guests will play a huge role in your budgeting, choice of venue, and meal selection.
2. Don’t be Afraid to Name Your Terms: Almost anything is negotiable with vendors. It’s perfectly acceptable (and smart) to say “I would really love to have you, but my budget doesn’t allow for this. Is there any way we can make this work?”
3. Step by Step: Put together a wedding planning schedule and get things done one-by-one in logical order so you don’t take on too much too soon. Don’t design your cake before you’ve chosen your flowers, don’t hire vendors before you’ve confirmed your date, etc.
4. Keep a Paper Trail: Make sure you get any nonstandard charges to your agreement in writing or send the vendor a confirmation email. Don’t take anyone on their word alone-by the time the wedding rolls around they might not be working for the company anymore.
5. Make a Binder: In a three-ring binder, compile all your correspondences with vendors, notes you make during meetings, and photos or magazine ads you want vendors to see. You can even set up a special email account dedicated to your wedding.
6. Set the Style: The style of a wedding sets the tone for the remainder of the planning and influences the budget, the guest list and all events involved. The merging of differing but coordinating images and items will influence events such as the rehearsal dinner, reception and even showers and bachelor/bachelorette parties.
7. Compromise: Remember that while your wedding is your special day, it’s also your fiance’s special day! Try to do as much of the planning together as possible. This way you’re both happy (and aware) of the decisions that are being made and it will help you stick to a budget!
8. Have a Stress Reliever: While planning a wedding can be one of the most fun things you’ll ever do, it can also be very stressful, and even cause you and your fiance to fight over petty things. Find an activity that calms you down and relieves stress like going on a bike ride, getting a massage, or hitting the gym.
9. Don’t be Afraid to Ask for Help: It’s not a sign of weakness or incompetence to ask for help when planning your wedding. It can be a huge, daunting task so there is no shame in asking for a little help! Look into hiring a consultant, attend bridal shows, read bridal blogs, or seek help from a close friend you know who enjoys event planning.
10. Have Fun: Remember to personalize your wedding! This is all about you! So have fun, laugh, be humble, and enjoy planning this once-in-a-lifetime