(photo by: Pornchai Mittongtare)
Here is a beautiful and yummy drink option for your cocktail menu. This is a Cherry Smash from Epicurious. Enjoy!
* 1 cup fresh pitted Bing cherries
* 1/4 cup kirsch (clear cherry brandy)
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 cup ice cubes
* 6 tablespoons Courvoisier or other premium Cognac
* 1/4 cup orange curaçao
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon Cherry Heering liqueur or other cherry liqueur
Combine cherries, kirsch, and sugar in medium bowl; stir to blend. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours, stirring occasionally. (Brandied cherries can be made 2 weeks ahead. Cover and chill.)
Place 2 Martini glasses in freezer and chill at least 2 hours.
Place 3 brandied cherries in each of 2 chilled glasses; crush cherries with back of spoon. Combine ice cubes, Cognac, orange curaçao, lemon juice, and cherry liqueur in cocktail shaker. Shake well, strain into Martini glasses with cherries, and serve.