I fell in love with these lanterns by A Field Journal as soon as I laid my eyes on them at the Decor8 website. I do not care that my wedding is over, I want to make some just for my backyard! I absolutely love the soft illumination of the picture through the lantern. It makes such a beautiful light. These would be perfect for a vintage or county themed wedding. They would make great outside decorations or serve as a wonderful way to light the path to beautiful cottage type venue.
How to Make…
- Store bought lanterns (glass votives are an alternative)
- Spray adhesive (suitable for paper and glass)
- Digital images
- Battery operated tea lights
- Scissors/Paper cutter
- Step #1: Carefully remove glass from store bought lanterns. (You may want to wear gloves.) Alternatively, cylindrical glass votives could be used, just be sure that whatever vessel you select has straight sides so the vellum will adhere smoothly.
- Step #2: Measure the surface to be covered, and print appropriately sized images on 8.5 x 11 sheets of vellum.
- Step #3: Using scissors or a paper cutter, cut out each image. Coat glass with spray adhesive and immediately apply vellum. Let dry.
- Step #4: Replace glass in lanterns, add a battery operated tea light and enjoy!
Okay guys, This one project I am dying to try myself! Maybe Mother’s Day presents…. If you give it a try please send a pic my way. I would love to see how they turn out and maybe feature your design on Bridal Party Tees! Happy Crafting!
Important safety note: Remember everyone – use only BATTERY OPERATED TEA LIGHTS. I don’t want anyone to burn down their yard or home.
(images from Olivia Kanaley)