Wedding planning brings months of worry over the dress, the flowers, the cake, and the weather. Let one of your most important considerations – your hairstyle – be stress-free. Whether you have short or long hair, want something fancy or natural, below you’ll find a hairstyle to suit every style. If you’re looking to do your own hair on your wedding day, research the how-to tips and practice creating the look a couple of times before the big day. If you’re working with a stylist, show them a picture of what you’re looking for and have them try out a couple of options. Do the legwork ahead of time and you will wake up worry free on your wedding day.
1. Princess Nouveau: If you have long hair with a medium thickness, consider a loose style with sexy, large curls accented by barrettes, a subtle hairclip or a delicate tiara. If you have shorter locks, ask your stylist about hair extensions.
2. Long, Elegant Ponytail: This low-ponytail with a tasteful pouf in the front is extremely elegant and reminiscent of a style popular now on the runway and in photo spreads. Look casual or done-up while accenting your facial and jaw lines.
3. Edgy Ponytail: Nothing is more in these days than deliberately messy hair. Give yourself a graceful edge with this style.
4. Angel: Not everyone will be able to pull this one off, but if you were one of the chosen few blessed with long, voluminous tresses, check out this glamour-defining, loose pull-back.
5. The Audrey Updo: Dramatic and stylish, this updo is reminiscent of the “Breakfast at Tiffani’s” actress. Ask your stylist for a short fringe of blunt-cut bangs to complete the look.
6. Modern Texture: Short-haired brides will love this look – an angled cut tousled to bring out texture. Whether loose or pinned, this style is fresh, fun, and cute.
7. Modern Chignon Updo: Take a ride back to the 1940s with a classic chignon hairstyle. This example incorporates a twist and some feminine accents. It’s a demure look that is perfect for a veil or an off-the-shoulder dress. If you’re going for a vintage look, take it all the way by wrapping your hair in a thin hair net.
8. Princess Updo: An exaggerated take on the Audrey Updo, this cone-shaped, classic sweep is versatile. Ideal do for a fairytale wedding or urban-chic nuptials.
9. Long and Tussled: Gentle and light, this style pulls hair back from the face and lets long curls fall down the back. With innocence and polish, this technique is a great option for an outdoor or casual wedding.
10. Deconstructed Updo: It looks complicated, but this updo is simply a French twist that turns into a bun. The trick to this style is that the hair isn’t pulled too tightly around the face. Dramatic and glamorous, this style pulls attention toward face and neck lines.
11. Celebrity Style Updo: You’ll feel almost-famous in this loose and textured hairdo, aptly referred to as the Celebrity Updo for it popularity among Hollywood-types.
12. Modern Bride: Straight, long and natural, this style demonstrates confidence and charm. Let it all hang!
13. Vintage Charm: This traditional pull back is enhanced by the delicate curls in the bun and a jeweled accent. Whether you have bangs or don’t, this is a classic look that won’t disappoint.
14. Starlet Bob: Cute and carefree, this style is excellent for short hair. Extremely fashionable, this style will go with just about any dress. The angled curls frame the face expertly and show a lot of spunk.
15. Jessica Simpson: Get inspiration from one of Hollywood’s most hair-perfect stars, Jessica Simpson. Her stylist Ken Paves is almost as famous as she is at this point. Known for his loyalty to hair pieces, Paves constantly creates a myriad of looks for Simpson – all of which would be easily translatable to a fashion-forward bride.
16. Flower Power: Getting hitched on a beach? Consider adding floral accents to the style of your choice. Flowers can be placed in updos, as well as flowing locks. Peruse these styles for inspiration.
17. Go Posh: Copy the first lady of soccer with an angled bob. Victoria Beckham rocks this look with flair and many other starlets are following her lead. This style speaks for itself and requires little maintenance.
18. Oscar Updo: Red-carpet ready hair works for the chapel aisle, too. Easygoing, yet elegant, this style is multitalented and would complement most dresses.
19. Elegant Cascade Take you hair to new heights with this pinned all over look accented by flowers.
20. Simplfy: Look beautiful with this simple ponytail accented by loose locks framing the face and barrette. A stress-free style that shines.