Planning a wedding is an incredibly fun and exciting task that most brides thoroughly enjoy and look forward to! However, as most women know, weddings can also be very pricey. Below are several tips to help you stick to your wedding budget!
1. Start saving now! As soon as you’re engaged start putting aside as much of your income as you can for the wedding. TheKnot.com recommends saving 20% of your monthly income. The longer you are engaged, the more you’ll be able to stock away.
2. Get single page invites to save on postage.
3. Give out one favor per couple. We have a great selection of wedding favors that are adorable and affordable!
4. Use more greenery than flowers.
5. Instead of booking an expensive venue, try to look for a friend that has a beautiful house with a big compound or yard. Ask them if you can have your wedding there. Having your wedding on private property can save you a lot of money.
6. Have a friend do your hair and make-up instead of going to the salon. The cost of wedding day beautifications (hair, make-up, manicures and pedicures) can really add up! Make your own spa at home with mimosas, manicures, and brunch with your bridal party! Make it a perfect photo-op by wearing matching zip-ups, tee shirts, and tanks! Bridal Party Tees makes customizing your group designs super easy and fun!
7. Shop the off-season for extra décor. Get pretty pink vases after Valentine’s Day, and rustic brown and burnt orange ones after Thanksgiving.
8. Have bigger tables at the reception so you need fewer table clothes and center pieces.
9. Order a small one or two-tiered cake then supplement with a larger sheet cake hidden back in the kitchen.
10. If you have a photographer that you love but cannot afford, ask if they have an associate shooter who will do your wedding for less!